Thursday 19 April 2012

Colours...

For my self directed project I wanted to see how colours affect mood. In my designs I want people to feel happy and confident when were my deigns so, colour wil have a big role to play as different colours can evoke different moods. However a puzzling thought I have come across is that I know black is a slimming colour as far as fashion is concerned, but the mood that it can create is that people feel depressed when the colour black is involved and that is the total opposite effect I want to have. What do I do? Do I just use black in small quantites? Do I rule out black all together?
Here is a link where is tells you what colours evoke what kinds of moods

:http://goingmental.org/colors.htm

It seems to me I need to avoid black and yellow as they do not achieved the desired mood that I am aiming my designs to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment