Tuesday 28 August 2012

Scaring Statitistics...

I am very interested in people and their body image perception, as I myself hate the body shape and size reflecting in the mirror at me everyday. And I know I am not alone.
In a survey done on newwoman.co.uk, it is said that a mere 1% of women are completely happy with their body shape and size.
How awful is that? Very.
It does not matter whether your a size eight or eighteen almost none of us women are happy with our appearance. As a whopping 70% felt depressed about their size and shape and two thirds would consider getting plastic surgery.
Now I ask myself,why do we feel like this?
 Is it the media? Is it celebrities? Is it the fashion industry?
To our own understanding do you have to be 'skinny' to be beautiful?
In my honest opinion no you don't. But what, if anything, can be done to prevent, us women from thinking like this about ourselves?
As cheesy as it sounds can we try to "love the skin we are in".
No, as it is more complicated than that.
And to be perfectly honest, unless society changes the way they think a woman's body has to be, this problem will be hard if not impossible to put right.

No comments:

Post a Comment