Friday 29 October 2010

Reflecting upon today's lecture,  Jonathon made some interesting points. I particularly like the point he was trying to make when he was distinguishing more into what may in fact help to make a person "lucky" or "unlucky".
I felt particularly drawn to this part of today's lecture as I find myself to sometimes be, in general, an "unlucky" person.
He pointed out that these so called "lucky" people are  more aware of what is going around them where as the "unlucky" people tend to be really focused.
The particular example that stuck in my head was an experiment where they took both of these sorts of people and said to them to leaf through a newspaper counting all the pictures with people in them, the twist however, was that in the newspaper there was an advertisement that said something along the lines of if you read this add, stop the experiment and claim your £200. As soon as I heard this, I thought to myself, "God, I bet I would be one of the unlucky few that wouldnt get the £200."
So if I have learned anything today, it would be that I need to be more aware of what is going around me, as from that experiment, it shows that it can most definitely lead on to better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment