Thursday 4 November 2010

In need of inspirational compostion?? Look no further....

Looking through some of my sketchbook, I felt that one of the things the majority of my ideas lacked was good composition. So to try to solve this problem, I have been looking at several artists and designers to aide my compositional worries.
John Cage was an artist, that in particular stood out to me given his incredible use of compostion. Here are a couple of examples of his work so you can see what I am on about:



         


    

The piece at the top, I find particularly striking as I love the subtle use of the washy, almost coffee stained-like brown with the opposite combination of strong orange/red, blue and yellow circle-esque shapes that are huddled together at the bottom of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment