Friday 2 March 2012

Friday 2nd March Workshop...

I along with many others from the design and the market module had a workshop today, with Lindsey Gardiner, on what our values for our business idea would be and we used other techniques that are in the nesta booklet, such as SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunites, Threats) analysis for examining our business model. These were very good things to look at, to let us look more into the validity of our ideas for a future business.
I really liked looking at my mission statement in more depth, I feel it has real potential and is really relevant in todays society. I love the idea of helping people and making them feel happy and I would say that that is one of the main values of my idea. Afterall the heart of any business is  the customers and to keep a continuous turnover it is important to deliver your product that caters to their needs.
We got shown previous examples of work that previous students had thought up and how their idea has now become a success. This was one of them that we got shown:




I think personally this is a really good design, its visually pleasing with good eco-friendly ideology behind it. I really like designs that have a concept behind them as I feel it makes them more meaningful.m However, sometimes it is just as satisfying to design things that are made purposely to be "pretty".

No comments:

Post a Comment