Monday 12 March 2012

Should size matter?

I am all for fashion, but should it all be showcased on skinnier than skinny models?



I think this image in particular is sending the wrong message to impressionable younger people that to be a "beautful" model you have to attain this skeletal frame. I personally do not see the appeal in a woman that is just all skin and bones. Some images I have witnessed I feel the women are that thin they almost look ill. The fashion industry is mainly about looking good why can't a healthier image for women to aspire to be promoted?
Curves are by far sexier!
Plus size models are by far better to look at but for some reason most women are not as inspired by them, but they should be! These kind of women are the real role models!

I know what my preference is, and I know which one reinforces a more positive message to follow.
As many women aspiring to be skinnier than skinny models end up going to extreme ends to attempt to achieve the "look" which can end up resulting in damaging their health.
As much as I love fashion, the most important thing in life is NOT looks by far, its your happiness. Its more important to try and achieve some sense of being happy within yourself not trying to attain a size zero in your outer self...

2 comments:

  1. there was an article in the guardian online the other day and they ahd taken a bunch of masters paintings like botticelis venus etc and photoshopped them to be really skinny. none of the paintings were as attractive as they were initially, quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That does sound interesting. :) I shall take a look. Thanks Katy. :)

    ReplyDelete